I’m gonna TRY to partake in this fun October event…wish me luck!
We also have many great prizes already lined up! There will be prizes for participation and for challenges on various blogs. There will be international prizes! We’ll also have a hashtag on Twitter:#WWReadathon.
This is a Halloween themed Read-a-Thon but we’re not going to restrict it to only Halloween/creepy books, so pick whatever you want to read! If you don’t know how a Read-A-Thon works, you just read as much as you can for that specific time! It’s basically an online reading party!
Head over and sign up…HERE!
So, my friend Vicki over @ I’d Rather Be Reading At The Beach, has started a great new challenge called Book Friends Favorites Challenge, where you read some of your book bloggin’ buddies favorite books to see if you like them, too. The challenge stars August 1st running through December 31st, and you can find out more about it and sign up HERE.
My 5 Favorite Books:
1. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen2. Moonlight Falls by Vincent Zandri3. 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber4. The Proposal by Lori Wick5. One For The Money by Janet Evanovich
The Books I’m Reading & Whose Favorites They Are:
1. Circle Of Friends by Preetham Grandhi (Vicki @ I’d Rather Be Reading At The Beach)
- The Search by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston
- Plain Wisdom by Cindy Woodsmall/Miriam Flaud
- Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena B. Miller
- Seek Me With All Your Heart by Beth Wiseman
- Operation Bonnet by Kimberly Stuart
- Plain Proposal by Beth Wiseman
- Lilly’s Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long
- The Promise of An Angel by Ruth Reid
- Patchwork Dreams by Laura Hilton
- High Treason by Samuel Oakes
- Double Take by Melody Carlson
- A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- In Plain Sight by Marlayne Giron
- Beginnings: Amish Knitting Circle, Vol. 1 by Karen Anne Vogel
I have decided to be creative and do something different. I have searched and searched and have come up with the conclusion that NO ONE has done an Amish Reading Challenge before. So, I decided to take the dive and create a first ever challenge and host it, in host that I will have some success with people signing up. I am running this challenge from January 2011 through December 2011, with signups on going. I am including a linky sign up form on this post so everyone can sign up. All those who sign up will have to follow the rules.